Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thought of the day: what does it take to surrender?

Hi friends,
In my life I have found that surrender does not come naturally , and that it goes against everything in our human nature. You might ask what does it take to surrender to a God that we cannot see? Well, first of all it takes trusting him to do what you can't. We couldn't die on the cross for our own sin, because sin cannot erase itself without the sacrifice of Jesus, a man who didn't know sin and yet He became it for you and me ! Also there are things in life that we simply can't get through without Him. For example , I have CP and it's not my cup of tea to be honest, but I am in the process of overcoming it not by my strength, but by His power at work within me!
The second key to surrender is dying to yourself . I know that's not easy in fact sometimes it seems next to impossible. That's why Paul declares," I am crucified with Christ.It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me". You see surrender is a daily process that Christ uses to help us live in obedience to him! Last but not least, be willing to obey His commands. Our obedience is one of the keys to get to know God and his will! Read more at Deuteronomy 5:33. Today's thoughts are taken from: Galatians 2:20, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Ephesians 3:20-21& Deuteronomy 5:33. God loves you , I love you& you are formed for his use! * This is not an extensive resource on surrender *

No comments:

Post a Comment